Zion Health offers a wide spectrum of classroom training for healthcare providers and the general public. Our course curriculum is approved and certified by the appropriate governing health agencies across the state of Maryland.
Our training center is conveniently located at the Stop of MTA Bus 19 (Carney), and within 2 miles of the Baltimore Beltway (I-695 Exit 31A – Harford Rd). For remote learners, we also offer online health training.
Assisted Living Courses
- Manager 80-Hour Training (OHCQ approved)
- 20-Hour Continuing Education (also offered as online course)
- Annual Recertification (also offered as online course)
- Licensing Preparation
- Individual staff training modules (all offered as online courses):
- Activities of Daily Living
- Basic Food Safety
- Cognitive Impairment 5 hours
- Emergency Disaster Preparation
- Fire & Life Safety Training
- Infection Control with Standard Precaution
- Psychosocial Needs of the Elderly
- Resident Rights
- Resident Assessment Process
- Service Planning
Other Health Training
- Certified Medication Administration (Maryland Board of Nursing approved)
- CPR / First Aid
- Delegating Nurse Refresher / Brainstorming
- DDA Core Courses
- Individualized Service Planning
- Medication Training for Childcare
- Medication Self-Administration
- Plan of Correction (PoC) Writing
- Pre-Licensing Consultation & Facility Walk-Through
- ServeSafe Food Safety Manager
Please note: Alternate Manager, Certified Medication Technician and CPR/First Aid are all required by the State of Maryland to become a manager or alternate manager for an assisted living facility.
Zion Health also offers pre-licensure walk-throughs and consultations, and we can assist with writing policies, procedures and business plans for assisted living facilities. Please call at 410-661-0466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for requests.